I had to be at work at 6:00 AM this morning. Needless to say, I did not wake up in time to shower and look half-decent. I got to work, stepped into the bathroom, and was like, "Okay, so we're not going to look into the mirror again today." The only good thing about getting to work that early is having four hours of your entire shift with no customers. It's not irritating, it's not busy, it's just relaxing. Sort of. It's still work, but you get to actually stock items without running to the cash register every three minutes. There is one thing that holds true almost every time I work, and that's you can be dead as a doornail for seven hours straight, but five minutes before your shift ends someone will send you on a wild goose chase to find them elastic. Or fleece. Or glue. Or something will happen that will take at least ten minutes. It's like a tiny miracle if you can just leave on time.
Yes, I'm procrastinating right now. I decided I would at least start my journal entries for Human Services today, and I'm trying to find anything to avoid it. It's just so much. It's like colossal. It's an entire semester's worth of reading. I'm going to have to skim it. Obviously. I probably couldn't read all that if I had a semester, I certainly won't be able to in a few hours. Once again, wish me luck.
kayla signed off at 1:56 PM
About Me
name: kayla age: twenty location: pennsylvania, usa occupation: student
I had to be at work at 6:00 AM this morning. Needless to say, I did not wake up in time to shower and look half-decent. I got to work, stepped into the bathroom, and was like, "Okay, so we're not going to look into the mirror again today." The only good thing about getting to work that early is having four hours of your entire shift with no customers. It's not irritating, it's not busy, it's just relaxing. Sort of. It's still work, but you get to actually stock items without running to the cash register every three minutes. There is one thing that holds true almost every time I work, and that's you can be dead as a doornail for seven hours straight, but five minutes before your shift ends someone will send you on a wild goose chase to find them elastic. Or fleece. Or glue. Or something will happen that will take at least ten minutes. It's like a tiny miracle if you can just leave on time.
Yes, I'm procrastinating right now. I decided I would at least start my journal entries for Human Services today, and I'm trying to find anything to avoid it. It's just so much. It's like colossal. It's an entire semester's worth of reading. I'm going to have to skim it. Obviously. I probably couldn't read all that if I had a semester, I certainly won't be able to in a few hours. Once again, wish me luck.